FireKing - KR2021-2 - 4.5 Cubic Foot - 2-Hour Fire with Impact and Burglary Rated Safes (2 Shelves)
25 1/2" W x 30 3/8" H x 28 7/8" D
18 1/2" W x 20" H x 21" D
Burglary Rated, Impact Resistant, Two Hour Fire Rating
Ships within 10 Business Days
FireKing - KR2021-2 - 4.5 Cubic Foot - 2-Hour Fire with Impact and Burglary Rated Safes
When you need the ultimate protection for your records and valuables, the KR Series safes by FireKing is the perfect choice.
This line of safes is designed to offer superior fire and burglary protection. Each safe carries a UL Class 350 2-hour fire rating and has passed the Underwriters Laboratories' rigorous impact tests. In addition the KR Series meets stringent security testing, is certified with a UL RSC burglary rating, a testing process that ensures the safes can withstand 5 full minutes of rigorous prying, drilling, punching, chiseling, and tampering attacks by UL technicians. Each safe is also equipped with a UL-listed relocker.
Why is impact testing important? In many fires, roofs will cave in or the floor will collapse, destroying everything under them. In such an event, you¹ll want to know your safe is impact-rated.
The Underwriters Laboratories impact testing process called for the safe to be heated to more than 1625° for 45 minutes, then dropped 30 feet onto rubble. After that the safe was turned upside down and heated again to more than 1625° for 45 minutes.
These safes also come standard with a “Dual-Custody” lock that requires a key be inserted into the high-security Medeco® lock and a the correct combination be entered using either the standard UL Listed Group 2 Combination Lock or the optional UL Listed Group 2 Electronic Lock. This heightened level of security allows one person to know the correct combination while a second person holds the key, ensuring your documents and valuables remain protected.
Available in six sizes, these KR Series are manufactured with a durable finish in either Graphite or Taupe. An optional electronic lock is available.
- “Dual-Custody” lock featuring a high-security Medeco® lock and either a UL Listed Group 2 Combination Lock or a UL Listed Group 2 Electronic Lock.
- UL-listed relocking device for extra security
- Drill-resistant steel hardplate protects the combination lock
- Vertical and horizontal bolts resist prying
- Optional electronic lock
- Bolt-O-Matic door guard automatically extends the 1" bolts when the door is closed
- Multiple shelves maximize available storage space
- UL Class 350 2-hour fire rating means that the internal temperature of the safe will not exceed 350 degrees for at least two hours when exposed to external temperatures up to 1700 degrees
For a half century businesses and individuals have trusted FireKing to protect their vital records, documents, securities and other valuables against fire and theft.
1. UL-listed high-security Medeco® Key Lock - All locks are not created equal. Medeco® cylinders provide a high degree of security by incorporating special design features inside each cylinder. Medeco cylinders offer superior pick resistance, are virtually bump proof, offer excellent resistance against drilling and other forced attacks, large number of combinations and a utility patent to protect against unauthorized key duplication.
2. UL Listed Group 2 Combination Lock - This lock type requires a four-number combination in order to gain access to the file. After entering the correct combination by turning the dial from side to side, the file is opened by pulling on a handle. It is also Underwriters Laboratories (UL) certified to resist picking and unauthorized entry. Group II UL locks must withstand at least 5 minutes of attempted forced entry by a professional locksmith using such tools as chisels, pry bars, and speed drills. In addition, these locks must have at least 1 million different possible combinations, and be able to successfully work after being exposed to salt sprays, aging stress, moisture absorption, and vibration. Finally, these locks must also have a relocking security function, meaning that the device must stay secure even after being punctured.
3. UL Listed Group 2 Electronic Lock - These locks work in a similar manner to standard key locks, except that the code used to open the file can be easily changed using a maser code. The master code controls who has access to the file by adding, deleting, or changing up to 8 different user codes. This 6-button keypad yields 1 million different combinations and allows for the file to be opened in as little as 5 seconds. The file locks automatically each time the drawer with the E-lock is closed. UL listed Group II locks must withstand at least 5 minutes of attempted forced entry by a professional locksmith using such tools as chisels, pry bars, and speed drills. In addition, these locks must be able to successfully work after being exposed to salt sprays, aging stress, moisture absorption, and vibration. Finally, these locks must also have a relocking security function, meaning that the device must stay secure even after being punctured.
This item is certified by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL®) for the following:
UL Class 350 2-hour fire protection rated file
Will retain fireproof rating after falls up to 30 ft
Can withstand rigorous tampering attacks