Fireking - 4-1956-2 - Two Hour Rated Four Drawer 31" Deep Vertical Letter Size File Cabinet
56 3/16" Height - 19" Width - 31 3/16" Depth
11 5/8" Height - 12 15/16" Width - 25 1/16" Depth
Explosion Rated, High Security Key Lock, Impact Resistant, Two Hour Fire Rating, Water Resistant
FireKing 4-1956-2 - 31" Deep Two Hour Rated Four Drawer Vertical Letter Size Filing Cabinet
The ultimate in fireproof records protection. These are the only American-built insulated files with a 2-hour fire and impact rating from Underwriter's Laboratories. That's because they are made with Thermocell II©, a proprietary insulation which provides twice the protection of other brands. Available in both letter and legal sizes. A UL-listed high-security Medeco® key lock comes standard. Nine standard colors to choose from. An upcharge may apply to custom finish orders.
- Fireproof Insulation - 100% gypsum, reinforced by a 1” by 2” lattice made of 14-gauge galvanized welded steel wire, providing complete peace of mind from fire, impact, or explosion.
- Field Replaceable Steel Panels - Easily be replaced in the event that any panel is damaged.
- Finish - Environmentally-friendly electrostatic powder coating applied to all sides, including bottom. The finish is scratch resistant, providing a lifetime quality appearance. Standard colors include: parchment, tan, taupe, brown, black, sand, champagne, platinum and pewter.
- Drawer Bodies - Built with high sides for use with hanging folders – no additional frames are needed. Each file includes 1 follower block per drawer.
- Drawer Suspensions - Maintenance free.
- Drawer Locks - UL listed Medeco high security key locks
- Drawer Pulls - Surface mounted to allow for extra insulation inside the drawer heads.
- Insulation Between All Drawers - Makes each drawer a separate insulated container.
- Water Resistance - Files are designed to prevent water damage resulting from sprinklers and fire hoses.
- Two Position Drawer Catch - Allows access to certain drawers while others remain locked.
- Drawer Heads - Formed of welded steel and filled with fireproof insulation, and are field replaceable.
- Underwriters Laboratories® (UL®) Fire and Impact Rating - These models carry the 2-Hour Class 350 Fire with Impact UL label. Tests include 2 hour exterior fire exposure at 1850°F, a 2000°F explosion test, and a 30 foot drop to test impact integrity.
1. UL-listed high-security Medeco® Key Lock - All locks are not created equal. Medeco® cylinders provide a high degree of security by incorporating special design features inside each cylinder. Medeco cylinders offer superior pick resistance, are virtually bump proof, offer excellent resistance against drilling and other forced attacks, large number of combinations and a utility patent to protect against unauthorized key duplication.
2. UL Listed Group 2 Combination Lock - This lock type requires a four-number combination in order to gain access to the file. After entering the correct combination by turning the dial from side to side, the file is opened by pulling on a handle. It is also Underwriters Laboratories (UL) certified to resist picking and unauthorized entry. Group II UL locks must withstand at least 5 minutes of attempted forced entry by a professional locksmith using such tools as chisels, pry bars, and speed drills. In addition, these locks must have at least 1 million different possible combinations, and be able to successfully work after being exposed to salt sprays, aging stress, moisture absorption, and vibration. Finally, these locks must also have a relocking security function, meaning that the device must stay secure even after being punctured.
3. UL Listed Group 2 Electronic Lock - These locks work in a similar manner to standard key locks, except that the code used to open the file can be easily changed using a maser code. The master code controls who has access to the file by adding, deleting, or changing up to 8 different user codes. This 6-
button keypad yields 1 million different combinations and allows for the file to be opened in as little as 5 seconds. The file locks automatically each time the drawer with the E-lock is closed. UL listed Group II locks must withstand at least 5 minutes of attempted forced entry by a professional locksmith using such tools as chisels, pry bars, and speed drills. In addition, these locks must be able to successfully work after being exposed to salt sprays, aging stress, moisture absorption, and vibration. Finally, these locks must also have a relocking security function, meaning that the device must stay secure even after being punctured.
4. UL Listed Group 1R Manipulation Proof Combination Lock - When a Group 1R Manipulation-Proof combination lock isinstalled, special high-security locking devices will be furnished in lieu of the standard drawer catches on the side of drawers in vertical files. In addition to the features of a Group II combination lock, this lock option also resists attack using x-ray technology. UL Listed Group 1R Manipulation-Proof combination locks are perfect for protecting high- security files from being seen because of their high resistance to manipulation, forced entry, and attack.
- Custom color finishes available.
- Lock options
- Interior options including document inserts, trays and inner drawers
- Casters available.
- Multiple Files can be keyed alike.
This item is certified by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL®) for the following:
UL Class 350 2-hour fire protection rated file
Will retain fireproof rating after falls up to 30 ft
Will not explode at temperatures up to 2000°
Water resistant file (from sprinkler systems and fire hoses
High security key lock prevents unauthorized access